UNLEASHING THE CREATIVITY OF THE NEXT GENERATION
STARTS WITH ACCESS TO GOOD QUALITY FOOD
Love All Pantry is an inclusive community of volunteers and donors providing nutritious groceries to families experiencing food insecurity and hunger
1 in 4
Of Alabama’s children struggle with food insecurity
Alabama is the fifth poorest state in the nation, causing 17% of adults and 23% of children (1 out of 4) to
struggle with food insecurity.
Access to quality food unleashes the creativity of kids freeing them to pursue a future limited only by their imagination.
When Vietnam Vet, Edward Burks, discovered that his neighbor had died from from Covid19 leaving a wife and three kids (aged 6, 9, 12), he wanted to help. The wife was unable to find work, and the family was struggling. Edward began making appointments and coming in to the pantry every Month to pick up groceries for them, and two other neighbors who were food-insecure.
We hear stories like Edward’s all the time: family members who have died, lost work, and elderly people struggling to live on a fixed income. We see neighbors helping neighbors, and friends helping friends.
When we say “Love All,” it’s not an empty slogan. It encapsulates our mission to serve our community by providing food for the hungry and food-insecure.
- How many people receive food from the Pantry?
- We share food with over 900 families a week. Typically, a family will receive between 40-50 pounds of meats, grains, dairy, and fruits and fruits and vegetables.
- How do you make an appointment for the Food Pantry?
- Please call 251-999-9019 after 2 pm on the Tuesday before the next Food Pantry to make an appointment.
- Who is eligible for receiving food from the Food Pantry?
- Anyone who is in need.
- Do you take donations of food?
- Absolutely! Please call 251-432-0591 to schedule a time to bring your donation by.
- Are you looking for volunteers?
- Always. The Food Pantry is growing. Please call us at 251-432-0591 or email at [email protected] to learn about the various volunteer opportunities
- You can also volunteer through the United Way’s Volunteer Connect platform.
- Are donations to the Food Pantry tax deductible?
- Yes. You will receive a tax deduction form via email once you make a donation using the above form. Please contact us if you would like to make a non monetary contribution and would like a tax deduction form..
Loaves and Fish Community Ministry, Inc
1260 Dauphin St. Mobile, AL, 36604
(251) 432-0591 • [email protected]